View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

There are definitely so many different ways to approach the same problem Nath. Glad your progression is still moving in the right direction. I personally prefer a firmer feeling fork than super plush. I understand exactly what you mean about feeling the trail as the TTX are very much like this. They aren't plush, but they don't do anything strange at all. They just keep working. The Marz CC 48s in comparison feel much plusher, and even feel like they wallow a bit on downhills, but they don't have the same kind of feedback the TTX do. Then again, they're a couple rates softer on the spring.

Same goes for the shock. Running the new 888 with 5.2 rate spring and the valving seems alright. Kicks a bit on the HSC, but not too harsh. Went to a 5.4 rate spring and it rode harsh and deflected off everything. Back to 5.2 and pretty good again. With the TTX started at 5.4, had harshness, tried valving, went heavier on the spring to a 5.6, and eventually with a bigger spring and lighter valving found absolute magic.

I should really have a go at sorting out the Sachs carts I have here, even if its just in the name of learning.