View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 08:33 AM

185 is geared up. I am currently 180lbs. When the bike was new the forks felt very stiff just sitting on the stand, but surprisingly felt great out on the trail. I expected new suspension to be stiff and not as compliant, but that was not the case. I was immediately faster than on my other bike with KYB SSS valved by Factory Connection with 48f and 5.6r.

I ran 16 out initially and no preload (in forks), set race sag to 4" and got 1" of free sag as a result.

After about 6-8 hours I noticed the forks feeling a bit harsh, where as brand new they felt more plush. This is completely counter intuitive to what is typically normal. There were a couple of occasions where I hit the face of a large whoop and just slammed into the thing and almost when over the bars. Part of that was my sloppiness, but I am thinking that maybe my forks bottomed out and then dug into the face of the whoop causing the bike to be unsettled??

I was thinking of adding 2 turns of preload and backing of the compression and rebound to 14 clicks? What do you all think?

Eventually I may get it revalved, but I want to put some mileage on her first.