View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:30 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzsuzuki View Post
I have been lurking around on your forum.... finally signed up. I am seriously considering selling my KTM and buying a new GasGas. Except for the relative obscurity of these bikes and perhaps less than optimal resale, I am otherwise very impressed.
My local dealer sells these as well as KTM. Although my 350 is a great bike, and there is nothing wrong with it, I am fearing the added maintenance costs. I am racking up the hours and now longing for the simplicity of a two stroke.
I notice the forum members have a broad range age wise of bikes. I take that as a good sign, durability?
The model I am considering seems to be well sorted compared to prior years. I see the kickstand is problematic, and I read somewhere the turning radius is not so great?
I currently run a series that includes a few enduro's and hare scrambles, some of which include parts of mx tracks.
I am more interested in challenging terrain than clipping along at 60+
I am 50 and hope to keep at this for as long as possible. Any advice feedback is welcomed
Hello John and welcome aboard (we hope ) Here you will find a pretty hard core group of guys who love the brand and can offer you allot good information, right from the trail so to speak. Additionally, your local dealer is a pretty savvy off road guy himself, so you should be covered when asking for Gas Gas advise! Other than that, I'm totally confident that once you ride the Gas Gas, you will know you made the right decision. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Hope to hear from you soon.