View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 11:19 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by scesnick View Post
I am new to this forum and I'm sure glad I found it. A wealth of info here for sure.
I have raced and rode bikes for over 25 years. I am looking for something that is wood specific and always wanted to try the GasGas.
I am looking at a 2011 EC300 and was wondering what I should look for when checking out the bike, Other than the normal bearings, sprockets etc...

Also I noticed , while searching the interweb for a nice Gas Gas, that anything over a 2011 are like hens teeth. Why so few out there compared to the 2011 and under? here is the bike I am going to look at this weekend and hopefully bring back to my garage.
While that bike looks nice and clean I suspect it has been repainted to hide a lot of use

The 11 had a black swingarm and it looks like the left subframe has been welded. It is also missing the frame guards near the footpegs.

I ride a 2010 that has had a lot of use and is perfect mechanically - so that bike could still be a good bike but don't think it has been sitting in someone's basement for the past 5 years only ridden once a year.
It has the marzochi forks which is a plus