View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Well I replaced the oil and shuffled the shims in both the forks and shock. I increased the rebound damping in both forks and shock, built a midvalve in the forks and removed the bleed shims. The bike seems balanced, handles, corners and rides nicely.

The suspension, linkage and wheel bearings and seals were all in good condition. Since this is a Texas Motorcycle it has not seen much water and mud.

The suspension feels better now with new oil and shim settings and the bike handles nicely. I have a ordered a gutz racing tall soft seat foam and new cover to soften up the hard stock seat.

I am leaning out the jetting and the engine is getting more responsive. I?ll post more details when I get back home. Am traveling right now.

I am having a bit of a problem occasionally getting my size 13 MX boot stuck under the shifter when I upshift from 1st to 2nd gear. I installed some slightly lower footpegs and they help some but I still get my foot stuck under the shifter every once in a while.

I need to install a new chain and rear tire. Might also try a set of flexx handlebars like I have on my two ktm 200s.

This is EC300 is a solid and fun bike. I am enjoying it so far!