Thread: ring gap specs
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
The piston I was referring to in my previous post is a Honda cr-250 piston , one size only, and thats stnd . I agree with you about measuring first but my complaint is about outsourcing and quality control. Ive done enough top ends over the years and their was a time that I could rely on the quality control being correct out of the box, the reason made in U.S.A. , Germany or Japan quality. Your hearing alot of bitching as you put it is because guys are getting caught by a recent degrade in quality control , not checking and squeeking their engines and its not just the do it yourselfers, but Ive recently seen shops that have allways cut corners in order to make their margins are getting caught too. I,m not happy about the rings in my Wiseco being made in Taiwan, If you are good on you maybee plan on sending you kids to school over there, cuz thats where the future is and tell us all to suck it up!

widebear... I don't know you from a hole in the wall and you don't know me. So the comment about me sending my kids to Taiwan for school, I've fought overseas for this country so go f yourself...

I stand by my statement of every ring gap must be set except for dumb luck.
I don't care how many rebuilds you've done with out setting it, you did them wrong. I worked as a 2 stroke mechanic for over 15 years in the marine industry and have done hundreds if not thousands of rebuilds.

If your ring gap is right out of the box you got lucky, end of story.
You've spent more time blogging about this than it takes to file the rings. Stop embarrassing yourself by bitching about something you should be doing, like others have said, it's like setting valves ect.