View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 03:30 AM

Default Marzocchi 45mm Questions

OK finally started servicing the forks plus I was going to stiffen up the rebound stacks.

So Q1 - I bought replacement dust seals - oil has been weeping past the seals on both fork - should I be replacing the oil seals as well - I didn't realise the dust seals were not the oil seals but I think in the UK it is common only to replace the dust seals when the forks are leaking a bit...

Q2 - Does the standard spring pre-load tube look like the picture in the manual? The reason I ask is mine looks a lot longer - maybe it has been replaced in the past...? Any measurements for what it should be? I'm guessing mine is about 2" long.

Q3 - Are most people running 90mm oil height, I was using 140mm last time - this was tuned to resist bottoming so maybe I need to go with 90mm but run less preload (if mine is in fact more) and/or reduce stiffness in the compression stack..

Anything else I should be looking for/doing while I've got them apart.

One final thing - I've made a Word document from the PDF manual cutting out all non-english bits and rubbish - the idea being I only need to print 21 pages not 118 would the admin be interested in putting this in the manuals section along with the original manual?
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)