View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick790 View Post
I have, but I'm a bit of a novis at this so I thought I'd ask some questions first to see what people recomend.
How heavy are you?
You should be able to get a decent setup without re-valving but that's coming from someone of 108Kg (250 lb). Could be a different story if you're half that.

I run slightly lower rate springs (0.45) than recommended for my weight & lower compression damping on the clickers but with standard air gap & Putoline 7.5 oil. This seems to work quite well for me. Previously I ran 0.48 springs which were too hard, possibly mimicking your situation, I went to 120mm air gap and compression wound completely off and it was still a tad too hard. My (limited) experience with bikes has been that you really must find the correct spring rates for you before anything else and it makes an enormous difference. Seems to apply to road bikes too. Riding style comes into it too. I think I tend to ride the back too much and skim the front which is maybe why I need light fork springs. Probably tied into my size at 6'3" I end up pushing myself too far back on the seat.