View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick790 View Post
Ok, so these are my idears so far, please advise as you see fit.

1, increes oil air gap, I'll go quite low at first and top it up to get the right feel.
2, replace fork oil, the bikes about 16 months old. The manual says SWA 5-7.5? what should I use?
3, Check lower fork clamp bolts, how tight? any thred lock?

Now we get to the trickier part, after reading through some threds, i was thinking of making some shim stack adjustment, can anyone advise me on exactly what I should and should not touch? I unterstand the the forks may not have enough rebound adjustment? and I read you can remove a bleed shim to speed this up? Can anyone advise?

Should I look at the comp stack at all?

Thank for the help, just like to add the only time I've ever been inside the fork are for standard sevice resons, this is why I'm keen to get as much info as possible, not that I'm worried about doing the work, infact I find the whole subject quite intresting .

I'm zero help in the re-valving department, but I just re-sprung my zokes last week with springs that I got from Les at LTR. I'm 225 dry and 250 in full gear. He recommended I run 120mm oil height and said the zokes like 7.5w high quality oil. Re: lower fork clamps - tighten the middle screw to 10 Ft Lbs and snug the other two up. He didn't mention threadlock - I've checked the torque on both clamps twice (two rides) and haven't seen any movement yet.

Hope that helps a little.
1999 GasGas TXT270
AMA (www.ama-cycle.org)
TRH (www.trh-cycle.org)
MSRA (www.msra-cycle.org)

I may not be able to tell you who you SHOULD buy from, but I can definitely tell you who you SHOULD NOT buy from.