View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the feedback.

Husky WR125:
All of the riders that I read about on Cafe Husky and TT love the Husky CR/WR125. Some had teething issues with the new 2009 version (powervalve and pipe). Those issues should be worked out for 2010. Like fury1 mentioned, I heard rumors of a larger tank from Husky. P3 made a carbon fiber tank for some '09 riders and it was stupid expensive. Plus, they made it compatible for the 250F bikes... so you have it sitting higher instead of down low close to the engine. The stock tank barely holds 2 gallons which is not enough from my trail riding. So hopefully a large tank in the 3 gallon range is available from Husky (I would even settle for 2.5 gallons). Like it was mentioned, you can get these for a nice price too. I know that I didn't mention the GasGas EC125... first I don't think they are importing them, but I would lean towards the Husky WR125 just from other rider's positive feedback.

GasGas EC200:
Glenn, dropping a 200 engine into my bike could be an option. However, I would rather upgrade fully and just commit to a new bike. I know my riding style fits a smaller bore bike better than my current 250. So I'm not too worried. Another advantage with the GasGas is some of my aftermarket mods may swap over from my 250. I'm not sure on the radiator guards though. At least my skid plate, TM chain guide, steering damper with fastway mount, PV cover, etc.. This adds up quickly so it would be nice not to repurchase these for a different brand bike.

Yamaha YZ125:
I have a friend who rides one of these. It runs very well, but to be honest, it would take more money to get it set up properly like I want it (similar to his). This makes the Yamaha fall to third on my list.

KTM 150XC or 200XC-W:
The KTM's are currently last on my list and their current prices (especially the 150XC) are steep. I added them into the mix to give them a fair consideration but it is still unlikely that they will find their way into my garage.

With that all said... I'm looking at either the Husky WR125 or GasGas EC200 as my most likely candidates. I still got more researching/soul-searching to do. Plus, the rest of this year to drive myself crazy.

Please keep the comments flowing. I would like to hear more ride reports on the GasGas EC200's. Thanks!