View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:37 PM

I'm struggling with my zokes aswell. I've taken them to my tuner, without opening them up at all and had him do his magic. He replaced the midvalve, adjusted some shims and added .46 springs and 7W maxima oil, 135 mm. While I do think that it is an improvement over stock, I do feel that they could be even better yet. To me they still feel too firm, like MX track firm. I'm also 210# in street clothes and an A level rider, but I only ride the nastiest single track I can find. I don't think my dust seals have ever touched the bottom 2 in of fork in their life. I'm going to lower the oil height slightly to see how much this will change. I've also heard of another GG rider using one .46 spring and one stocker. BTW my stockers measured out at .41 on my tuners gauge.

What is foreign to me is the shim system. I'm familiar with changing seals and oil on KYB or Showa forks but I've never been inside of a Marzocchi fork. Is there much to playing with these shim stacks? Any pics available anywhere so that a guy may know what he's looking at? I've also heard stories of the bottom shim stack falling apart as a guy pulls the fork apart.

Your also not the first one who I've heard that the rebound holes were peened over and partially blocked. Again, not trying to bash on the GG, as I absolutely love the rest of the bike, but these forks are terrible.