View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlineman View Post
I'm fairly frustrated with mine as well. I've taken them to my tuner twice, had them revalved and re-sprung for my weight (0.46 / 215lbs), but feel that they could still be much better. The forks feel way too 'busy" and transmit too much back through the bars.

I've now entered into the matter of starting to play with the shim stack (shims on order), myself as my tuners shop is 2hr drive away. I'm going to start slowly, adding a shim or two to the rebound stack and maybe installing a bleed shim on the midvalve. Not to sure what size of bleed shim to us on the midvalve stack, but I may stick a 15mm x 0.1 in there to start and see if it all makes much of a difference.
Mine came stock with a 11x0.2 bleed shim on the midvlave(checkplate). Removing this is the first step toward increasing rebound control,as GMP says. If yours hasn't got one, I sure woudn't be adding one......
I have also added shims to create a much stiffer and progressive rebound stack. I have taken them from the comp stack with good results there too.
( I like to do things the instant I think of them - waiting around for ordered shims to arrive just aint an option!!) There was a definate decrease in the "harshness' that is often quoted, by beefing up the rebound control. As has been said, alot of it is the bars springing back into your hands.