View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the replies.

-From what I am told there is no TTX kit available for the 45's. This would be awesome if such a kit is made.

-48mm cc zokes. I am not sure I am convinced they are better than showa, WP, or KYB. If they have good internals they can made to work well. If I could find them for a suitable price this might be a great option as I will not have to change the wheel assembly.

-Mr Blah, what level and terrain do you ride? I have the forks working well but in comparison to what I want and had on my previous bike, they are not good enough.

-The terrain here varies from open desert to gnarly alpine single track. A good suspension can be made to work well in all the above, been there, done it. I have ridden a desert race and then an enduro back to back and never touched a clicker.

So, what I am looking at is starting with a good fork that can handle this wide variance. For that I am likely going to need to change T clamps and wheel assembly. Combined this is a large expense and cost vs return is a big consideration. People such coopernicus that can help with experience or research are mucho appreciated. I am hoping to avoid making costly mistakes right now. For example I had not thought about the stem or the bearing issue's.