View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Tried your setup suggestion, pobit. [post edited] I'm not happy with it. Maybe I'm having problems describing what my problems are. At a specific part of my favourit track, I'm coming in from sand/gravel flat out in fourh gear, where the terrain transitions to rocks, not too big, mainly fist size ones. The bike feel is very harsh, and every rock seems to give a 'spike'. There is now way I can keep the speed up, I need to shift down to second.
A few seconds later the track transitions again to choppy, granite rock, going uphill. Now, besides of the spikes, the bars are also yanked side to side.

Varying the clicker settings did not seem to make any difference at all at in these conditions.

When I had my previous setup, with the reduced shim stack, 120mm of oil and one lighter spring, the bike flew over all of these sections of the track, I did not even notice the choppy terrain, and I managed to go 15% faster (3 minutes) on the 7km lap.

So, where should I go now? Is there a nice middle way that I can use on my base valve, to make the bike compliant over these rocks in high speed, and still keep the bike high in the stroke in rolling whoops and steep downhills that I mentioned in earlier posts?

Last edited by bergerhag; 09-12-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Sounded like I was angry, which I am not .:D