View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:47 PM

I tried a set of 123mm and 124mm pull rods. They do lower the rear of the bike and make the first part of the travel softer. The down side was they also caused the linkage to ramp up too fast. At faster speed it went from soft to instant hard and no combination of springs or preload I tried would remedy the problem. The other thing I did not like was the bike would see-saw and was unstable in whoops or rolling turns. Under power exiting turns, the bike would squat and again, cause the bike to lose its line. The best set up I have found so far is the stock rods with more rebound. I have a 2mm and a 3mm shock spacer from MX Tech I may try but I don't want to mess with the shock too much until I am sure I have the fork right. I should point out that the suspension settings I am working on are for racing and not trail riding. My son rides AA and I ride A class. The pull rods did work good at slow speeds at a casual pace. In a nut shell, they made the bike handle like a Yamaha ttr or a Honda XR trail bike: Great when going slow and easy to overwhelm when going fast. Dave