View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 03:04 PM

My take on this:

I understand the logic, just not sure it exists. I beleive that KTMLew's reasoning is that the fork outer tube will always be slightly compresed, regardless of T clamp torque, and there must be some bushing play to account for it. Well, theoretically this could be done in two ways: static clearance, with the bushing fixed to the inner tube, or dynamic clearance between the bushing ID and land OD, where the bushing is allowed to compress slightly, like a piston ring. Valid point, but whos to say the static clearance is inadequate? Any data? Bore mic the fork outer along its length and lets see the effect of T clamp bolt torque. It would be interesting.

Also, I think most people overtorque their T clamps, and some listed specs are too high. I clean the fork tubes and clamp bores and go no more than 15 -16 Nm.

When I had the Husky Zokes apart, The first thing I noticed is how "loose" they felt compared to my sticky WPs. Not in a bad way, but a good stiction free way. This, and excellent performance, would seem to point to adequate clearance. You would think if this was a widespread problem, all the big tuners here would be on the bandwagon machining fork tubes for additional $$, especially now, since Husky sales have exploded.

Besides some anticipated valving changes(like I always need for rocks) I'm looking forward to riding the '07 Zoke fork.