Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 PM

I test-rode a new YZ250 with a flywheelweight and it still had an awful lot of bark in the tight stuff. I assumed that an A-racer might be able to make something of it, but rocks is rocks in the world of single track.

If he's going to enter the Maxxis EnduroCross series (he's been scheming for months), I'd invest in an autoclutch. Heck, I'll go in halfies. All but the top three guys without autoclutches were stalling multiple times around the course. Those poor 4-strokers paid the highest price for re-starting.

As you're well aware, Rekluse makes the standard clutch for the Gasser but is in R&D on the Pro model. Maybe GoFasters and GG USA can give Rekluse a little push?

Cheesy-Rice !! Can you imagine the pandemonium if we had *two* club members qualifying for Las Vegas? Time to line up sponsors and spare parts.

Last edited by AZRickD; 04-01-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I test-rode a new YZ250 with a flywheelweight and it still had an awful lot of bark in the tight stuff. I assumed that an A-racer might be able to make something of it, but rocks is rocks in the world of single track.
That's the way he felt, on a perfectly groomed MX track that kind of power is necessary, in our world it can sometimes be a detriment

Quote:
If he's going to enter the Maxxis EnduroCross series (he's been scheming for months), I'd invest in an autoclutch. Heck, I'll go in halfies. All but the top three guys without autoclutches were stalling multiple times around the course. Those poor 4-strokers paid the highest price for re-starting.
We'll see how much racing budget is left, we're planning on hitting 2 National Enduros in Wyoming and Montana. Should be able to make the qualifier in Vegas at the very least, maybe out of money by the time Denver rolls around. So you offering to sponsor a rekluse?

Quote:
Cheesy-Rice !! Can you imagine the pandemonium if we had *two* club members qualifying for Las Vegas? Time to line up sponsors and spare parts.
Yeah, if somehow Derik and Max were to qualify that would be pretty cool.