Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 09-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetree View Post
is it... cool. the distributor lives locally here, i'd better get in contact with him.
Anyone have any thoughts on GRO products? I've heard theyre good but never used it.
Lonetree.. Sorry if my post was a bit misleading.. Two parts to it..

1) Bailey wants the same oil and knows its orange/honey coloured
2) Nutty Prof said he uses GRO in forks he works on, which is orange coloured (read on a post where they accidently put Silkolene coolant in a fork -- The green/blue coloured)

I've been using GRO Synth 7 and their 10W-40, premix and trans fluid respectively. The premix smokes a bit until the bike is up to temp but runs very clean. No spooge. Light oily ring around tip of exhaust. Nice coating on the crank when I did my first pull down. Bit of carbon build up on powervalve. Not spoogy at all.

The trans fluid I'm a bit so so about. Theres definately some drag, bit notchy when cold, and somtimes a bit tricky finding neutral.

I guess they do a good job for what they cost. I'll probably go Amzoil Dominator once I'm out of Warranty period. I've been using GRO as thats the warranty terms stipulated by the dealer here.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:51 AM

Great! In the process of subtracting some oil from my Sach's fork, I noticed that the oil was the color of fresh motor oil, a light honey color.

Jakobi, maybe the down under bikes got different fork oil from the factory if yours was a blue-green? Belray is that color.

The Belray oil in my old WP forks on my KTM acted very harsh, lots of stiction. If I sat on the bike, the forks would not move unless I pushed on the front end.

I will look more into the GRO oil and if I can confirm for sure that it is the Sachs factory fill, I will use it.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Nice on Bailey. Let me know how you go if you give it a try. I'm pretty happy with the Silkolene RFS that I have in them now.. Also blue/green..
Old 09-30-2011, 11:10 PM

If this is what Sachs uses for the 5w factor fill:
http://globalracingoil.com.au/motorc...5w-10w-15w-20w

Then I would get the 5wt with the viscocity of 21 in another oil brand that I can actually buy here in the US.