Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 AM

Well thats good to hear. To me, and I'll say most serious riders, and ALL top riders here, stock suspension is a blank sheet of paper. A custom revalve is always factored in a new bike setup to get the most out of it. This is especially true where I ride and up in New England due to extreme rocky stuff. What I would call good vs. bad is the components abilility or inability to respond to tuning, and the range of performance with a particular valving setup. Thats why I'm so into getting the '12 as the Zoke 45 forks, while excellent in the technical woods for which they are valved, are somewhat limited in the faster more open HS races and in sand. Basically the 48s should force less compromise with a focused valving setup.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
There are some VERY fast guys here that came up through the ECEA to Pro and ISDE level that did just fine on revalved Sachs shocks, mostly Huskys but GGs too. Then, and now, with a new crew of fast young guns, I see no one throwing $$ at Ohlins TTX stuff. In fact, I don't ever recall seeing a TTX shock on a bike here. We have some great tuners who get the perfectly adequate OEM shocks working for the rider in his application. Why some guys think they can buy a bike and ride it with stock generic valving, then call it trash when it doesn't work for them is beyond me. Do SG12 boots suck because your size 12 and bought size 10?
I had Sachs on my Huskys and with a little tweaking on the valving they worked great.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:30 AM

Question I still in doubt...

Guys, I still in doubt... Terrible thing...
The news is that my dealer said that, in fact, the Sachs Gold is more expensive than Ohlins 888 ! It's a surprise to me...
The problem is that the batch of bikes that arrived this month here in Brazil are all with Sachs...
I don't know if he are pushing the bike with Sachs suspension to sell them or if it's a real good choice...
As Simmo737 has stated this new Sachs has a improved heat transfer properties, with an stock oil with a better quality and also had an improvement oil flow trough the piston. A detail is that the Sachs shock has option to adjust for compression in high speed, this could be a real advantage... But if the stock set-up is weak any adjustment could be useless.
I'm sorry for being so undecided, but altough I'm an experienced rider, this will be my first GAS GAS, I used to ride KTM's (in fact I had five orange bikes previously) and this is a really "Blind step" to me when we talk about this brand. So I really appreciate the hellp that all you gave me...