Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Do you know what all the motor differences are on the Nambotin? I would like to make my xc300 a little more stout! I am thinking head mod. Is the ignition 2k2 or 2k3 on the nambo?

Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 PM

mine is 2k3 with an S3 head with the interchangeable inserts, regular, high and very high.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Wan't more? If your 300 has a reed spacer take it out. Have Ron mod the head for as much compression as your race fuel budget can stand, carb too. It should then be quite a puller off the bottom. For more top you could raise the cyl before having the head cut. Widebear discussed this.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:21 PM

Maybe a thicker base gasket to tame the compression?

Looks like I won't be sending it to RB-Designs for the head mod. Or the carb mod for that matter.

What if you were to back the timing off a degree or two on the ignition?

I wonder how the Nambo compares to the Six Days?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 AM

I'm going to chime in here and try not to make things more confusing. The Nambo is the perfect bike for someone who wants 450 power (read linear bottom to top) with 300 2T handling, this is not a wild MX power band. I personally love riding this bike for shorter periods, but it wears much more on me on longer rides. It comes down to the right tool for the right job, how much of the throttle do you really use? Anybody can get used to any bike, but who wants to skin a cat with a chainsaw? If you ride wide open stuff where you're constantly looking for "more" then maybe this bike is perfect, but if you ride tighter slower stuff where accurate throttle control is more important then I would suggest the 250. Body weight, strength, endurance and ability play a big part as well, but try paying attention to how much of the throttle you actually use before buying a new bike, you might be shocked. Not to say that the 250 is a slouch by any means, but you have the option to ride it lower in the power band where it will "tractor" all day or spin it up to really pick up the pace fast. I have "tractored" up plenty of big nasty hills on the 250, it just keeps going, no spinning, flipping, etc. Keep in mind I'm riding at about 170lbs without gear and like to ride slower, nastier stuff. Honestly, you can't really go wrong with either model, both are incredible bikes, just be honest with with yourself before you buy.

Wes.
85 RZ500
75 XL250
71 CB100
08 DRZ70 (son's)