Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2023, 11:58 AM

Default From scratch

I have done some searching and reading guys and there is more info on here that I can?t wrap my mind around. First off, I have never setup a suspension in my life. I think I know what I have on the bike but need to fine tune it. I have a Ohlins rear spring and shock. 5.2kg spring, I am about 185-190 decked out for riding. My fork tubes are flush with triple clamps. I believe the forks are setup for a rider about my size but not sure.

I read the sticky about preload vs static sag vs race sag?.. I sort of understand, sort of. I guess I need to start with spring preload first. How do I check that? I?m assuming I unload the spring with the adjuster but while it?s on a stand, then adjust I think 14mm for the Ohlins 5.2 spring. Is this measured at the spring itself? And does this directly correlate to static sag? This ought to get me started anyway. I think the race sag is pretty straight foreward, but by adjusting all these at the same adjuster on the spring I feel like they all affect each other.

Correct preload would in turn also equal correct static sag. Race sag adjustment would also effect preload settings wouldnt it?

Last edited by Wbdisco; 08-26-2023 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Misspelling