Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Default Chopped banana exhaust

I have just discovered that my HOH silencer is trashed so much to my dismay I will be putting the oem banana exhaust back on, but I want to chop it down to similar length to the HOH one

Anyone done this? Is it possible and what will be the effects (other than improved aesthetics)?

Old 02-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I came across a guy with the same 2010 model as mine. He had chopped it down & said he had better throttle response. No adverse affects but I thought it looked a bit odd.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:20 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
I came across a guy with the same 2010 model as mine. He had chopped it down & said he had better throttle response. No adverse affects but I thought it looked a bit odd.
more odd than it sticking out almost as far as the rear fender?

I think what i will miss most about the HOH exhaust is the noise it makes :-[ never really noticed a huge difference in performance between the banana and it, but the mental effect was huge
Old 02-14-2014, 02:13 AM

I have been considering an after market muffler, not sure what, not really sure why either? Must be part magpie, love the shiny stuff! Or because it doesn't breakdown & I have nothing to tinker with. Will google up the HOH. Are there real gains between the Leo Vince $162.00 & the Akrapovic $590.00 or a FMF or DEP which seems reasonable priced?
Old 02-14-2014, 03:50 AM

ok the HOH are now branded as cannon racecraft, this is what gofasters have to say about them:
Cannon Racecraft built these silencers with the GasGas 2 Stroke in mind. There are 2 models available Quiet and Wild Power! They come with removable spark arrestors. The Quiet comes with a turn down design that allows for a lot more exhaust flow, and the Power version is a straight through core design. These pipes unleash bottled up power, and still sound great! The Red Anodized tip looks very sharp and gives it a trick look. Both models pull harder than the Q-Stealth, and the Power version I feel pulls harder and has a better tone than the Turbine Core II. Both are very short makes it tough to hit/get in the way, and are 14oz less weight than the Q-Stealth. Fits 2007-2011 GasGas 200-300 Models.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:18 AM

Chopped mine gives a little more snap and a little more noise but still not at all loud
Old 02-14-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post

Chopped mine gives a little more snap and a little more noise but still not at all loud
how difficult was it? Did you just attack it with a hacksaw and rivet gun, or was it more complex? More concerned about what the internals look like
Old 02-14-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
how difficult was it? Did you just attack it with a hacksaw and rivet gun, or was it more complex? More concerned about what the internals look like
Just a core a with bend and packing not complex, you tube muffler repack you will get the idea.

I drilled rivits pulled packing and core then just wraped some tape around muffler at the line to cut drew line around the edge of the tape and remove tape,cut it with a thin angle grinder blade on small grinder then a quick file cut core to right length, repack, drill new holes for endcap I didnt try to line them up drilled in the center of old holes.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
ok the HOH are now branded as cannon racecraft, this is what gofasters have to say about them:
Cannon Racecraft built these silencers with the GasGas 2 Stroke in mind. There are 2 models available Quiet and Wild Power! They come with removable spark arrestors. The Quiet comes with a turn down design that allows for a lot more exhaust flow, and the Power version is a straight through core design. These pipes unleash bottled up power, and still sound great! The Red Anodized tip looks very sharp and gives it a trick look. Both models pull harder than the Q-Stealth, and the Power version I feel pulls harder and has a better tone than the Turbine Core II. Both are very short makes it tough to hit/get in the way, and are 14oz less weight than the Q-Stealth. Fits 2007-2011 GasGas 200-300 Models.
Two thumbs up for the Cannon Racecraft from GoFasters.
Stupid simple design..works well..sounds good.
I keep my stock exhaust for when I need to have a USFS stamped pipe on the bike.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:23 PM

Thanks Guys, the Cannon is a nice looking unit & good review. May need to do some shopping.