Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 AM

Default Rekluse Core EXP

Has anyone experienced the new EXP clutch on a two stroke? Are they worth the money? Did a mud race and really wish I had one for it.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM

I've got one on my 2010 300. I really hate the price. I've got a Pro on my two stroke Husky and like it better than my EXP and it's a lot cheaper. Too bad Rekluse is making us by EXP's. The EXP is easier to work on and install though.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:05 PM

what is the exp like in rain and deep mud?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:45 PM

I just don't think the EXP engages as smoothly as the Pro. But the nastier the conditions, I think the more benefit to having an auto clutch. Click the bike up a gear or two and let the clutch do the work, without fear of stalling the bike.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc View Post
Has anyone experienced the new EXP clutch on a two stroke? Are they worth the money? Did a mud race and really wish I had one for it.
Blanc,
My son and I both have EXP's in our Nambotins. They are absolutely awesome, in my opinion! If you told me that I had to only make one change to my bike, the Rekluse would be it. We had a really muddy hare scramble last month and two dry enduros this month and they worked great. My bike has 13 races on it and my sons has 11 and we have had no issues with them.
I think you will be really happy with them, especially in a 300.
By the way....a friend of mine has decided not to race this year and he has one for sale for $400. Send me a pm and I will give you his phone number.
Clay
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Ditto on what Clay said. I have one on my 2011 EC300 and you cannot tell it is there other than it will not stall. The big difference is that you may still need to feather the clutch like with a normal one to get the revs up. The plus is that the power always gets to the ground the same way, no lag between wrist and tire.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:09 PM

I hate to rain on your guys parade but I hate those things. I want to modulate my own clutch, throttle and brakes. It can't get much nastier than PNW woods and I am a way better rider for not having one. Flame away all you like, I might not be fast and I certainly don't race, but when the trail gets nasty I'll be hookin up by flexin my left pointer finger while you rekluse dudes are smokin clutch plates!

Additionally I know of a couple tarils I would not take someone with a rekluse down, unless they have a hand brake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBPe88f5ns
Old 02-28-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
I hate to rain on your guys parade but I hate those things. I want to modulate my own clutch, throttle and brakes. It can't get much nastier than PNW woods and I am a way better rider for not having one. Flame away all you like, I might not be fast and I certainly don't race, but when the trail gets nasty I'll be hookin up by flexin my left pointer finger while you rekluse dudes are smokin clutch plates!

Additionally I know of a couple tarils I would not take someone with a rekluse down, unless they have a hand brake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBPe88f5ns
Have you tried the EXP? I would have shared your opinion on all previous auto clutch designs but I must say the EXP equiped Gasser I rode this weekend was great and I would have not known it was there if the owner didnt tell me about it.

I am a A level Enduro/CrossCountry rider, I know how to use a standard clutch.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Nope haven't tried one, have ridden bikes with various other auto clutches installed. Does it free wheel down hill? Can I compression start my bike with one installed?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Have made contact with your friend Clay. Will hopefully do a write up over the next few weeks. Thanks a mill