Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Banned

Default Something to remember about availability of parts and bikes

I just had a conversation with Mark at Go Fasters that I wanted to relate to you guys. Mark told me that he was going to cut off parts supply to a dealer because that dealer owed him some money. Mark said he often gets calls from customers in that area who say this dealer says he can't get parts from Go Fasters. What this dealer leaves out is that the reason he can't get parts is because he, the dealer, can't pay for them. Its seldom that anyone wants to admit to financial problems so its easier to blame the supplier.
This same issue sometimes comes up with motorcycle supply too. We have one dealer who recently closed his business owing us about $7000 for a motorcycle. We have four others who are still in business and who have sold bikes worth collectively about $50,000 and not paid us. All four of these guys will eventually pay us (I believe) but I will not ship them another motorcycle until they do pay us. My point here is that customers do not always get the whole story when it comes to supply issues.
I would like to point out that these are isolated issues and that the vast majority of dealers have paid us on time every time.
Neither Mark nor I mind if customers call us to check into availability of bikes or parts.