Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM

Default Cervantes 450f Replica

It appears as though GG is going to release a 2012 Replica. Every year, GG keep making these amazing looking replica bikes. I bet the price is over $13,000.
http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/noticia...-lidera-e.html

Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM

It's a nice looking bike but I could bet that bike in 4 stroke trim would sell very well over here. Up in my neck of the woods(Calgary Canada) I've never even seen a gasgas 4 stroke compared to 2 to 3 2-strokes everytime I ride! Are dealers don't even carry 4 strokes.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

On the last order form I got there was a Cervates Replica on it. The price would work out to be about $12,000 here in the US but we can not get them because Gas Gas had to agree to not sell the models with Yamaha engines here in the US.
There was also a Guillaume Replica 250 and 300. I decided not to order them because there really isn't much of a performance advantage over the Race model. The 2012 Replicas have Ohlins TTX fork and shock but I don't believe those two items command a $3000 premium over the Race model.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Nice call Clay. I really like that there is some sensibility in ordering bikes.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 PM

Even if Yamaha would allow it in the USA, I'm pretty sure the damand would be small. The market is simply saturated with 4Ts. I agree that the std Race model has great bang for the buck, and replica models aren't worth the money. Honestly, in my younger (racing) day, I raced stock bikes (although one could agrue that a stock TM is still pretty trick).
Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm_enduro View Post
Even if Yamaha would allow it in the USA, I'm pretty sure the damand would be small. The market is simply saturated with 4Ts. I agree that the std Race model has great bang for the buck, and replica models aren't worth the money. Honestly, in my younger (racing) day, I raced stock bikes (although one could agrue that a stock TM is still pretty trick).
I agree that there seems to be a lot of 4Ts on the market. It doen't bother me that we can't get them. The 250 4Ts that we brought in last year were our worst sellers even though the few guys that bought them to seem to love them. I kind of think it's funny though that Yamaha took that stance here in the US. Maybe they were scared of us? Prolly not!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I agree that there seems to be a lot of 4Ts on the market. It doen't bother me that we can't get them. The 250 4Ts that we brought in last year were our worst sellers even though the few guys that bought them to seem to love them. I kind of think it's funny though that Yamaha took that stance here in the US. Maybe they were scared of us? Prolly not!
if i ever find a 250f gg reasonable, i will own one.. not to replace mine, but i really think it would be a great addition..

yes Clay.. yamaha is scared of you..
Old 03-28-2012, 08:47 PM

still confused why GG dropped the 450 that they made since they finally got the bugs all worked out.. If I could swing a new bike right now and had a choice I'd love a new 4stroke GG, but would not buy a 450 with a yamaha mill. Would love to see GG build a nice 600cc bike to go up against the ktm 690. Again,, a very very small market..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 PM

Yamaha is drowning in WR leftovers, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. That is also most likely a factor in the poor GG250F sales. $8K for a GG or $5K for a WR leftover? Your really only targeting the purists. No fault of GG, they have to make a buck and I'm sure the motors are not as cheap as the GG 2 stroke. The 450F fad seems to have peaked and is in decline. Good business move. A solid DI design will make you forget all about 450Fs.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM

Having owned a couple of 450F's and a 250F, I don't think I could ever bring myself to own one again. Having said that, a 350F like KTM's does intrigue me and I think that's the ideal size for an offroad bike. I'd like to see some of the reliability back in the four strokes though before I'd buy another.

IMO, a GG 350F with FI would sell well as long as it was reliable, and parts were readily available. Until I see such a thing and see it proven long term, I'll be mixing my gas.